Managing Record Visibility through Offices
Offices are a way to segregate your Records based on physical branches your firm may have and allow users to see only Records for Offices they are associated with. To accomplish this:
- The total list of Offices is defined in Firm Profile.
- Each User is assigned the Office(s) they are associated with.
- Each Record is assigned the Office it belongs to.
- Only Records belonging to Offices the User is associated with are visible to the User.
Full details on this process are described below.
It is also possible to control who can view which Records and
who can edit those Records using Owner and Editor Groups
Defining Your Offices
- Navigate to Settings > Firm Profile.
- Click + ADD to begin adding a new Office.
- Name the new Office and click to save.
You can also edit , and delete Offices from this Grid.
Assigning Users to Appropriate Offices
- Navigate to Settings > User Profiles.
- Click Edit on a User. The Name & Details tab of the User Profile will open.
- Click Edit to make changes to the User Profile.
- Use the Offices field to add or remove Offices as needed.
- Click Save to commit your changes.
- Repeat this process for each User.
Assigning Offices to Records
On an individual Record, Offices appear as part of the Record Level Profile Information located in Details > Profile Information. Offices can also be configured to appear and be edited on the Record Summary card.
- Navigate to the Record Detail view of a Record.
- Navigate to Details > Profile Information.
- Click edit on the Office field.
- Select a defined Office from the drop-down.
- Click to commit your changes.
Users will now be able to see only Records assigned to Offices that they are members of.
Managing Record Visibility and Security through Owner and Editor Groups
Each Record in AdvisorEngine CRM is assigned an Owner Group and an Editor Group. These control who can view the Record and who can make changes to the Record, respectively. By default, all Records are assigned the Owner Group and Editor Group of ...
Managing User Profiles
An AdvisorEngine CRM User is anyone who has (or had) unique login credentials for accessing your CRM database. The User Profiles Grid (Settings > User Profiles) shows you all Users ever created in your database, both Active and Inactive. In order to ...
Record Summary Overview (Legacy)
Note: This article covers the Legacy Record Summary layout. For information on the current interface, see Record Summary Overview The Record Summary provides at-a-glance information of the most critical details for a Record and the Persons. It also ...
Adding a New Record
Prior to adding a new Record, it's important to know which information you will be storing in each Record. To help you determine which fields you should populate, AdivsorEngine Training has created the Important Fields Best Practice sheet. Tip: The ...
Record Detail Overview (Legacy)
Note: The following article describes the sections and options available in the legacy Record layout. The current Record layout contains the same sections and options with a different interface. See Record Detail Overview for more details if you are ...