Linking a Person to More than One Record
Every Record in AdvisorEngine CRM can contain one or two Persons, but a Person is not limited to appearing in only one Record. By linking a Person to multiple Records, all the Person-level data tied to the Person can appear in as many Records as you would like.
Note: This is a link, not a copy. A change to the Person-level data in any Record will be reflected in all Records the Person is linked to.
Linking a Person to more than one Record can be accomplished through the following methods:
- Add (link) an existing Person to an existing Record. See below for details.
- Add (link) an existing Person when creating a new Record. See Adding a New Record.
- Create a copy of a Record, which automatically links all Persons to the new Record copy. See Copying Records.
Linking an Existing Person to an Existing Record
- Navigate to the Record Details view of the Record. This cannot be done on Records that already have two Persons.
- Click the add control on the right of the Record/Person cards. The Enter Person Information window opens.
- Click Link Existing.
- Select the Relationship To Record (how is the Person you are adding associated to the Record?) for the Person to be added to the Record.
- Use the Last Name search box to find the existing Person to link.
- Select the existing Person from the search results.
- Click Save to link the Person to the Record.
Setting the Primary Record for a Linked Person
Every Person linked to more than one Record will have one of those Records designated as the Primary Record. In certain AE CRM functions, such as corresponding with the Birthday tool, only the Primary Record will receive the associated Action.
The Primary Record for a linked Person defaults to the Record the Person was created in. Follow the steps below to change the Primary Record if needed.
- Navigate to the Details > Profile Information view of a Record containing a linked Person.
- Click on the Primary Record field for the Person.
- Adjust the drop-down as needed and click to commit your change.
Linking Calendar Appointments to Actions
Note: To use Calendar features, your Calendar must first be Added to AdvisorEngine CRM. Linking calendar appointments to Actions allows for quick reference between an Action and its related appointment. The following steps show how to add an Action ...
Linking Items to Actions
AdvisorEngine CRM gives you the ability to link many other CRM components to Actions. This article will cover the possibilities in brief and link to the expanded details of how to link any particular item. The following components can be linked to an ...
Constant Contact: Synchronizing and Linking Client Lists
Once your AdvisorEngine CRM and Constant Contact accounts are linked through the Initial Setup you can begin to bring the two client lists into sync and link together the Persons on the CRM side with the Contacts from Constant Contact. This process ...
Deleting a Record or Person
It is possible to delete Records or remove Persons from a Record in AdvisorEngine CRM. However in many situations it is better to file or archive information rather than deleting it from your system. Before you delete, consider the following ...
Linking an Opportunity to an Action
AdvisorEngine CRM gives you the ability to link a created Opportunity to one or more Actions. When viewing that Action, the Opportunity will be referenced and may be opened directly from the Action once it is linked. See Linking Items to Actions for ...