Actions added to AdvisorEngine CRM must be created from a Workflow Template that can have any number of fields pre-populated. Many generic template options are included with your database. These may be edited or more may be created through Workflow Templates.
Actions may be added in the following ways:
- Add an Action to a Record.
- Add an Action to multiple Records.
- Add a related Action to an existing Action (Extending a Workflow).
- Add Actions when creating correspondence (letter or email).
- Add an Action from a calendar appointment.
- Automatically add Actions at service intervals through the Service Monitor.
- Automatically add Actions at calendar intervals through Recurring Actions.
- Automatically add Actions through Email Capture with the Junxure Outlook Add-in.
- Automatically add Actions through an Alerts Integration partner.
Adding a new Action to a Single Record
Actions may be added to a single Record from the Record itself or from the Record Workspace.
From the Record Workspace:
- Select the checkbox next to the Record.
- Click from the upper-right toolbar and select the Workflow Template to begin from.
From within a Record:
- With the Record open, click in the upper right.
- Click and select the Workflow Template to begin from.
The behavior here differs depending on whether you select a Workflow Template with only one step or a multi-step template.
Single Step Workflow
- The Add Action dialog will appear, pre-populated with whatever content is part of the template you selected. Add any additional details you need. See Action Fields Overview for more information on what can be entered into an Action.
- Choose your save method.
- To save the Action and go back to what you were doing, click
- To save the Action and go to the Action Summary view for the new Action click
. From there you can follow the steps below for Adding a Related Action to an Existing Action.
- The Add Workflow dialog will appear. Review the overall Workflow to see if it is correct and make any needed changes.
Click . The Workflow will be added to the Record and you’ll be returned to where you began.
- Adjust the Workflow Start Date if necessary.
- If the wrong Workflow was selected, use the drop-down in the upper left to select a different one.
If changes or additions need to be made to the Workflow, you will need to open the new Action from the Action Workspace or the Record Actions Grid and edit it from there using the Edit Actions tools.
Adding a new Action to Multiple Records
The process above can be applied to multiple Records simultaneously. Note that this does not create a single Action linked to each Record, but rather creates a copy of the Action for each Record it is applied to. This means that any edits made to the Action after it is created must be made on each copy of the Action on each Record, not just once for each.
To accomplish this, navigate to the Records Workspace and select all the Records you want using the check boxes. You can use Grid Features and Searches to make the process of selecting the correct Records easier. Once your Records are selected, click from the upper-right toolbar and select the Workflow Template to begin from.
From here, the process continues just like adding an Action to a single Record, except the end result will be applied to all selected Records.
Adding a Related Action to an Existing Action
To continue or add on to a Workflow, navigate to the Action Summary for the Action. Use the Add Related Action drop-down on the Action Card just like in step 2 above for Adding a new Action to a Single Record. The process proceeds the same from there. See Working with Multi-Step Actions (Workflows) for more information.
Adding Actions Through Other Methods
See the following help articles for information about other methods of adding Actions in AE CRM.
Adding New Users
To add a new User to AdvisorEngine CRM, you must have a free CRM license. Adding a New User Navigate to Settings > User Profiles. Click +New User 1. The Enter User Information window will appear. In the Name & Details tab, enter the following ...
New User Module 2-2: Actions
Overview of Actions and Workflow Learn what Actions are, how they fit into Workflows and basic uses for them. Actions Overview Workflow Overview Action Summary Overview The primary means of viewing an Action is in the context of its Workflow, or as ...
Printing Actions and Workflows
Actions may be generated into a printer-friendly structure for printing or export to Adobe pdf, Microsoft Word doc, or Microsoft Excel xls. Depending on the data you are looking for, this can be done in a few different ways: Print a single Action: ...
What Is an Action? Actions are an extremely powerful and flexible component of AdvisorEngine CRM to help you track everything you’ve done. The short definition of an Action would be “Anything you do on, or behalf of a Record.” As such, every Action ...
Adding an Opportunity
To add a new Opportunity you must open a Record that you wish to add the Opportunity to. Each Opportunity must belong to a Record. In the Record Details view of the desired Record, select Tools > Add Opportunity. A new dialog appears with fields to ...