Before you begin installation of the Junxure Outlook Add-in, verify that you meet the Email Integration system requirements.
The Junxure Outlook Add-in will not work with the web application version of Outlook. If you currently use only the web version of Outlook, have your IT department install the desktop version of Outlook onto your computer to use the Add-in.
If your firm uses Microsoft 365 as your email provider, you do not need the Junxure Outlook Add-in to capture email. See Microsoft 365: Firm Setup
for more information.
Email accounts in Outlook other than Exchange (such as Google) must be configured to use the POP3 or MAPI protocols. IMAP is not supported. See Microsoft support for help Adding an email account to Outlook
The documentation below covers installing the Outlook Add-in and the initial configuration.
Installing the Junxure Outlook Add-in
- Close Microsoft Outlook if you have it running.
- Download the Junxure Outlook Add-in Installer and the Outlook Add-in Updater ZIP.
- Run the installer first and click when the file opens to begin the installation process. (If you are familiar with basic software installs, proceed through the install and resume at step 9.)
- The installation requirements window appears. Click to have these requirements installed automatically.
- The Install Wizard window populates. Click to continue.
- In the next window, accept the terms in the license agreement and click to continue.
- Click to begin the installation.
- Once the Add-in is installed, you will receive confirmation it is completed. Click .
- Next, extract the Outlook Add-in Updater ZIP file you downloaded in step 2.
- To extract the contents, navigate to the download folder where the file was saved.
- Right click on the OutlookAddinUpdater 1.10.3 file and select .
- Follow the extraction wizard to extract the contents of the ZIP file.
If you attempt to continue without extracting the file first, the process will not work.
- In the folder that you extracted the Update ZIP contents, right click on InstallUpdate file and click .
- If you receive a Security Warning prompt, click to continue.
- If you receive a User Account Control prompt, click to grant permissions.
- If you receive a Powershell warning asking to configure a Log Directory, click .
- If you receive a Windows SmartScreen prompt, click and then .
The installer will run through its processes with no need for user input. When you finally receive a Completed message, you can close the PowerShell window.
Warning! If the installer window blinks and disappears without displaying the Completed message, you do not have the permissions needed to run the update. You will need to speak to your IT so they can run the installer with the correct permissions.
If the Outlook Add-in does not load after installation, you may need to Contact AdvisorEngine Support
to have a fix installed for your specific version of Outlook.
- When you reopen Outlook after the installation, you will be prompted to enter your AE CRM credentials.
- After successfully logging in, you will be presented with the Add-in options screen to set your initial configuration.
For most users the default options will be fine. They may be changed at any time. If you are unsure, speak to your firm’s CRM Admin user to learn your firm’s preferred settings.
For more details on these settings, see Outlook Add-in: Email Capture Setup and Outlook Add-in: Contact Export.