The Record Data Import Tool takes a Comma Separated Value (CSV) spreadsheet and maps the columns of data to fields in Junxure. You may use your own spreadsheet, or you may use a Junxure provided sample sheet that you then populate with your own data. Whichever route you choose, read the directions carefully to avoid data corruption.
Caution! Record import in Junxure is limited to 1,000 Records at a time. If you have more than 1,000 Records to import you will need to perform multiple imports.
Using the Junxure Sample Spreadsheet
Junxure Sample RDI Spreadsheet
Junxure provides a sample spreadsheet (above) that may be filled with your own data and then imported into the RDI Tool. The spreadsheet itself contains all the directions and documentation you need to use it effectively. You’ll find helpful notes, visual cues, and data validation tweaks to assist in entering data correctly and in accord with best practices.
When you finish entering your data, see Saving Your Spreadsheet to CSV below.
Using Your Own Spreadsheet
To use your own spreadsheet of data with the RDI Tool, please follow these formatting requirements:
- Row 1 must contain headers for the data underneath. Each following row should contain one unique Record each.
- The headers in Row 1 must all be unique. Duplicating a header name will cause errors. The names themselves can be whatever you like.
- When using the RDI Tool to map your data, each column may only be mapped to one field in Junxure. For example, you can’t map one column to Record Address, Person 1 Address, and Person 2 Address at the same time. Each field will need its own column, even if the data is the same.
- Each Record in Junxure has a limited number of required fields. Most of these can be globally set for all imported records in the RDI Tool. However, you must have a column that will become the Record Name. Ensure that each row in your spreadsheet has a unique Record Name.
- Columns for Advisor 1, Advisor 2, or CSR data must match someone in your Junxure Users exactly or the import will fail. Names must be formatted as LastName, FirstName. Spelling, capitalization, and punctuation must match exactly how the names are entered for your Junxure Users or the final import will fail.
Take the time to look over a Record in Junxure or even create a Record manually before starting so you have an understanding of how Junxure organizes data in its fields. This will help you structure your spreadsheet accordingly.
Saving Your Spreadsheet to CSV
Whichever route you take above, you must save the import data as a CSV file for use in the RDI Tool.
To accomplish this in Microsoft Excel:
- If you are working in a spreadsheet with multiple tabs, make sure you are working in the tab with the data to be imported.
- Navigate to File > Save As....
- Change the File Type drop-down from Excel Workbook to CSV UTF-8 and click .
Again, if your spreadsheet has multiple tabs, you will receive a warning that only the current active sheet will be saved. Click to confirm and continue.
Next Steps: You are now ready to Use the Record Data Import Tool.